Many people go into the colder months of the year thinking that their home’s insulation will keep them warm when the temperatures drop at night.
This being said, a lot of these same individuals learn the hard way that having an insulated home doesn’t necessarily mean having a warm home.
It’s true that there are many different types of insulation available that fit a variety of budgets (cellulose, spray foam, and fiberglass, for example), and insulation can certainly help to lower your energy bills and add structural integrity to your home.
In many cases, however, insulation simply isn’t enough to keep you from shivering at night.
When insulation alone isn’t getting the job done, it’s time to look towards the benefits of air sealing.
Why Air Sealing is Essential To Reduce Draftiness, Energy Costs, Usage & Eliminate Poor Air Quality In Your El Dorado Hills Home
El Dorado Hills and Greater Sacramento area residents looking to ensure tightness and performance in their homes owe it to themselves to focus on air sealing, as doing so can improve home performance to a large degree.
When air sealing is properly used, it can:
- Reduce Drafts — Drafts can not only make your home cold and uncomfortable, but they can end up costing you quite a bit of money in energy bills. Air sealing takes care of this issue.
- Eliminate moisture issues like mold, poor indoor air quality and stack effect — The health of your family is of the utmost importance, yet mold and indoor air quality problems could occur if moisture becomes an issue. Air sealing will ensure that it does not.
- Strengthen the building envelope — The building envelope of your home can have a huge impact on energy efficiency as a whole. When you air seal, you’re effectively working to strengthen the building envelope, resulting in greater potential for efficiency year-round.
- Reduce energy bills throughout the winter — Winter energy bills can be tough to grapple at times. When you air seal your home, you can reduce bills throughout the winter and use the money you save to get even more enjoyment out of the summer months ahead!
- Unlock the potential of your insulation — Insulation works best when combined with a tight building envelope. Air sealing helps you to unlock the potential of your insulation, thus increasing home performance to a large degree.
Kick Things Off with a Home Energy Audit
The benefits of air sealing a home are undeniable, and the best way to get started is to have CES conduct a home energy audit.
This will give you a complete picture of your home’s performance and any associated issues, as well as point out areas that will benefit from air sealing.
A home energy audit evaluates all aspects of the home that affect energy efficiency, which means you will no longer be in the dark regarding your energy bills.
Let’s make 2015 a comfortable one. Contact California Energy Services today to learn more.