Ygrene & SMUD FAQs

Learn more from our Solar Financing Clients By Frequently Asked Questions on Our Solar Services

Learn From Our El Dorado Hills Homeowners About Affordably Efficient Options w/ SMUD & Ygrene Solar Financing Programs

CES works with residents and homeowners in El Dorado Hills, including the greater Sacramento area, to deliver custom solar and energy efficiency financing options to meet your unique home improvement goals and budget. We have a long-standing partnership with well-known, local companies, such as Ygrene Property Assessed Clean Energy financing and through SMUD’s financing and rebate program. Start generating renewable, clean energy for your home by prequalifying within minutes and enjoy decades of worry-free energy with no money out of pocket.

What is Ygrene?

Ygrene is a new PACE program that began in the Sacramento area. Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing is an innovative clean energy financing model that allows homeowners to make energy upgrades using their home’s equity rather than taking out a loan based on credit and/or income. With no upfront costs, you simply make payments on the ‘loan’ through your property taxes, two times a year. PACE programs are gaining national popularity for their convenience, and Ygrene is one of the most convenient programs.

What is SMUD?

The Sacramento Municipal Utility District is the electricity provider for the greater Sacramento region. SMUD is also a participating utility company in Energy Upgrade CA. If you’re a SMUD customer doing home performance upgrades, you could potentially qualify for rebates.

What products are typically eligible for these rebates?

Check out the list of eligible upgrades on the SMUD website. If you have any questions, give us a call. We offer free energy assessments to property owners interested in energy efficient upgrades (read our energy audit FAQs to learn more).

How do I qualify for SMUD Rebates?

In order to qualify for SMUD rebates, you have home efficiency work completed by a SMUD Participating Contractor (like California Energy Services!) in the home performance program for the entire project. If you have upgrades you’re interested in, check out the SMUD website to see if they qualify, then give us a call to schedule an assessment and discuss the project and program details.

I just replaced my HVAC. Can I still qualify for rebates?

Because you have to use a SMUD Participating Contractor for your upgrades to qualify for rebates, it can be very difficult to qualify retroactively. If your contractor is a SMUD partner, contact them to have them walk you through the process and explain why you were not notified of the partnership. If this is not the case, you can contact SMUD and explain your situation, and ask what you can do to qualify.

My contractor didn’t qualify me for rebates. What do I do?

Assuming your upgrades qualify for the SMUD program, there is one way to qualify for rebates retroactively, through the Ygrene program. To qualify, you need to perform another home energy upgrade using Ygrene financing, and then we will work with you to get the previous upgrades and financing transferred to Ygrene. From there, if you qualify, we will work with you to get the maximum savings.

How do I qualify for Ygrene?

Ygrene is a PACE program that started in the Sacramento area and is rapidly expanding throughout California (and Florida). You can go visit them to check your eligibility. After that, give us a call at (916) 737-1107 to get started!


We’ll contact you shortly!